Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This is for you...

Yes, I'm sure you know who you are. Let me first say that I am aware of your magnificent ability to debate, manipulate, and persuade, and I will also take this opportunity to admit that I am, sadly, awful with these sort of things. Most importantly, nothing... yes, I actually mean it when I say NOTHING you say or "prove" will change me. However, somehow I have hope that I may be able to convey a thing or two to you. 

When you say you wanna talk about religion, I'll humor you, but all I wanna talk about is relationship. This is no new concept to you, my darling. We both know this, but things are different now. You're older. On your own. You are a great thinker, but this will lead you no place. At least not any place I will ever be willing to follow. God is too great to figure out. His ways are, get this!-- higher than our ways, the plans that He laid are good and oh so very true. One word that I believe sums up a lot is FAITH. Not like, "Oh, I have faith in Jesus, and my life is a freaking bed of roses all of the God blessed time!" Cause that just ain't how life is, and anyone sayin it any different is on somethin. I'm talking about what I strive for... (that which I miss often, but I will always get up and strive for again), faith in the REAL thing, a relationship with the one, true God. Jesus Christ. When this is found (I mean really taken a hold of), you will not let it escape you. This is me, and I am begging you to listen. I am a fool, but I know that I'd be much worse if I didn't ask you to stop thinking. Start living. This actually has not a thing to do with anybody else in the world. No, not even the ones born in India or Russia or Thailand or Jamaica. I'd wager that this may be, (it's late, and I'm not too sure of this statement) the one time in the relationship where it is indefinitely important to consider yourself alone. There are many other times that the rest of humanity matters, but this one thing, the most important thing, your soul's salvation, your life HAS to come first. You cannot do anything about the world alone, and as far as I'm concerned you are alone if you don't have Christ with you. Jesus is the stuff of life. Check it out man, believe me. I'd never lie to you.

Recount your life's experiences, is it everything you ever dreamed of and more? Are you happy, and when life's crappy you still somehow got some joy? What if you had hope? Things can really be better. I love Him, I love Him, I love Him. I care about you, more than you can imagine, but this is more important to me than any feeling I have. Call me, dear.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love it Meghan! I must say, tho, that I feel like I am eavesdropping on a private conversation! ;-) I love to read blogs to learn how people think and what moves them! With you, there is a lot more there than meets the (natural) eye! You are a woman of substance! <3

    ReplyDelete